Keratin Product is FORMALDEHYDE FREE!
Can you do the treatment over Japanese straightening or a Relaxer?
can do the treatment over any kind of straightening. In fact, doing a BKT over already straightened hair will give the hair
the best of all worlds; permanent straightening, frizz free hair and amazing shine!
2. Is this treatment a
No. It is a treatment based on keratin that naturally straightens
your hair. There are no chemicals in this treatment.
3. Can you do the treatment after coloring?
Yes. For best results we recommend only after you color your hair. It
will seal down the color on the hair shaft and help prevent fading.
4. Can you do the treatment on top of relaxed hair?
Yes. You can
do the treatment over any previously relaxed hair.
5. Can you do the treatment on previously chemically treated hair?
You can do the treatment over any previously chemically treated hair. The more porous your hair, the better the results.
6. Can you do the treatment on highlighted hair?
Yes. You can
do the highlights and do the treatment right after.
7. Can you do it on virgin hair?
Yes. But it won’t last as long
as a previously colored or chemically treated hair. This treatment will work best on hair that has been chemically treated.
The Keratin needs to penetrate the hair shaft and this is most effectively achieved when the hair has been previously opened
by prior chemical treatments.
8. Can you do the treatment on children, if yes, what ages?
Yes. How old
will depend on the child's ability to stay still in the chair for between two to three hours and follow instructions clearly.
9. Can I color my hair and do the treatment?
Yes. We recommend you color the hair first.
10. Can I color my hair after the treatment?
recommend doing so only 2 weeks after you have done the treatment.
11. Can I wash my hair after the treatment, and when?
Yes, but only
4 whole days (96 hours) after you have done the treatment. To wash or even wet your hair before the recommended time will
12. Can I wear a ponytail or tie my hair?
No, only 4 days after doing the treatment.
The hair is still very vulnerable to demarcations during the curing time.
13. What should I do if my hair gets wet during the first 4 days?
dry immediately and straighten it with a flat iron if needed.
14. Can I go into the pool or ocean after the treatment?
Yes. Again after
4 days have past and you have washed it at least once.
15. How long will the treatment stay on my hair?
2 months on
virgin hair, and 3-4 on any other type of hair.
16. What shampoo can I use after doing the treatment?
shampoos that do not contain Sodium Chloride and also has Keratin and UV protection in it.
17. Do I have to do touch-ups on my next visit or the whole head?
this isn't a chemical straightener, but a treatment, the whole head must always be done over.
18. When should I have the treatment done again?
Once the Keratin
treatment wears off, your hair will look blended. You will know when to do it again. Usually within 3 to 5 months.
19. What will my hair look like if I don't keep this up?
It is easy to
get used to a good thing. Many times one forgets what one's hair looked like before the treatment. If your hair had damage
before the keratin treatment and your hair was repaired by the treatment, and as the treatment wears off, you may feel that
your hair looks damaged. Your hair will not look any worse after the treatment wears off than it did before you had the Brazillian
20. Should I cut my hair before the treatment?
We recommend cutting your hair
afterwards. After the BKT your hair will be in much better shape. This way you cut only what is necessary
Can I use any hair-spray, gel, mousse, or any other hair products on my
hair during the 4 day period?
We recommend that you keep the hair free of any products during the curing process.
22. If I get any ridges in my hair when I sleep, what should I do?
either a blow dryer or flat iron to straighten out the ridge in the hair as soon as possible. A satin pillow case helps with
23. Can I do the treatment while pregnant or nursing?
It is not recommended.
24. Can an infant be present while the treatment is being done?
It is not recomended.
The smell may be irritating to infants.
25. Is this treatment good for African American Hair?
Yes it is good
for African American hair. The results are remarkable. It cost a bit more than the traditional relaxer (on AA hair) and your
results are softer and healthier. The BKT will give very temporary results on virgin African American hair. Much will depend
upon the tightness of the curl pattern and how closed the cuticle is. Results will usually only last a month or so on this
This treatment will work best on hair that has been chemically treated. The Keratin needs to penetrate the hair
shaft and this is most effectively achieved when the hair has been previously opened by prior chemical treatments. One way
to address this hair type would be to use a mild sodium relaxer first to achieve some smoothness and open the cuticle.
Next the BKT can be applied to achieve great condition and a silkier look. Because this is Keratin based it can
be applied over the relaxer on the same day with no chance of damage.
You can then expect to see results for 2-3 months. Again much will depend on the original curl pattern, how
quickly the hair grows, and the hair texture.
26. How much does the service cost? The service starts at $150. The base
cost will cover hair that is shoulder length or shorter. Hair longer than shoulder length will have an added charge
of $10 per additional ounce of product that is used. (usually 1-2 additional ounces)